Nov. 22, 2020
Arriving at Thanksgiving
1. Arriving at Joy (vs. 1-2)
A. Joy (v. 1)
B. The Invitation for Everyone
C. They are in the gates (v. 2)
2. The Place Associated with the LORD, His Values, and Activity (vs. 3-5)
A. A Safe Place to Be (v. 3)
B. A Place of Corporate Thanks (v. 4)
C. A Place for Justice (v. 5)
2 Samuel 8:15
2 Samuel 15:2
3. PEACE (vs. 6-9)
A. A Definition of Peace here The characteristics of God’s peace (internal, external, relational with others, relational with God)
B. Pray for Peace (of Jerusalem)
C. Security is spelled TRUST (vs. 6b-7)
D. Peace is not just personal (v. 8)
E. Actively seeking good (v. 9)
Questions to Consider:
1. The Psalm begins with joy. How have you experienced or allowed God to fill you with joy in the last 7 months?
2. Why do you think the Psalm places so much emphasis on being in Jerusalem? Why would that bring joy?
3. Does your peace look Psalm 122 in verses 6-9? (Peace with God, peace with others, security, internal and external peace)
4. Read Galatians 5:16-21. What elements described by Paul do you see as enemies of peace?
5. Read Galatians 5:22-26. How has the work of Christ and the Holy Spirit brought victory that you have seen over these elements in number 4?