Sep. 04, 2022
2 Corinthians 5:16-21
Giving a Name to It
1. How We View People (vs. 16, 17)
A. Transformative Relationships (v. 16)
1 Corinthians 1:26-27
1 Corinthians 4:8-13
2 Corinthians 5:11
2 Corinthians 5:14
B. The Transformation (v. 17)
"New creation! " NT Wright
1 Corinthians 7:31
2. It Must Be from God (v. 18, 19)
A. This New Creation is from God
B. Christ Reconciled us
C. Ministry of Reconciliation
3. We Are Ambassadors (vs. 20, 21)
B. One More Time (v. 21)
1. Do you find yourself in a reconciling work in everyday life? What example or experience have you drawn on before? How does Paul’s explanation help you to reconcile people through the power of Christ?
2. Who are you an “ambassador” for? Who do people recognize you representing when you interact with them every day?
Follow UP in the Word through the Week…
Monday - Read: 1 Corinthians 1:26-27
In Paul’s explanation of his standing, how does this help us to view people as God would challenge us to see them?
Tuesday - Read: 1 Corinthians 4:8-13
Here is another passage that speaks of how people saw Paul and his team. How can this help us to view people the way God would have us to?
Wednesday - Read: Romans 14:7-12
Compare this passage to 2 Corinthians 5:10-16. How does this help to shape our view of ourselves and others as we consider that we all will kneel before the Throne someday?
Thursday - Read: Romans 8:19-22
How has the creation changed since the coming of Jesus? How do these verses expand our understanding of 2 Corinthians 5:17?
Friday - Read: Romans 5:6-11
Read this passage at least twice through. Consider what Christ has done for you. How close does Jesus desire you to be to Him as He has done so much to reconcile you?
Saturday - Read: Ephesians 6:20
Compare what Paul says about his role of ambassador here to 2 Corinthians 5:20 and 21. What quality does Paul add to this role of ambassador that we do not normally place with it?