Sep. 26, 2021
Jesus, Our Savior (Part 1)
1. Meet Zacchaeus (vs. 1-4)
A. Arriving at the End of Himself
B. Desperate to See Jesus
2. Jesus is Desperate to See Zacheus (vs. 5-7)
A. Stop and Look
B. Hurry, I must stay at your house today
C. Joy versus the Grumblers
D. The House of a Sinner
3. True Repentance and Restoration (vs. 8-10)
C. The REASON: To seek and save the lost
A.B. Simpson “Christ Our Savior” (from The Best of AB Simpson, ed. Keith Bailey)
What are we saved from?
1. Salvation takes away the guilt of sin.
2. Salvation saves us from the wrath of God.
3. Salvation delivers us from the curse of the law.
4. It delivers us from our evil consciences.
5. It delivers us from an evil heart which is the source of all the sin in the life.
6. It frees us from the fear of death.
7. Salvation delivers us from Satan’s power and kingdom.
What salvation brings to us?
1. Salvation brings the forgiveness of all of our sins and entirely removes them.
2. Salvation brings us justification in the sight of God so that we can stand before Him as righteous beings.
3. Salvation brings us into the favor and love of God and secures for us full acceptance in the person of Jesus.
4. Salvation gives us a new heart.
5. Salvation gives us grace to live day by day.
6. Salvation brings to us the help of the Holy Spirit, ever at our side.
7. Salvation brings to us the care of God’s providence, causing all things to work together for our good.
8. Salvation opens the way for all the blessings that follow it. It is the stepping stone to sanctification and healing and the peace that passes understanding.
9. Salvation brings to us eternal life.
1. Do you know Jesus as your Savior?
2. Do you know the benefits of salvation? Have you been restored as a son or daughter today? Do you know that you belong to Him today?
Sunday, you heard the Message, Now What?
Follow Up Through the Week!
Monday, September 27, 2021
Read: Ezekiel 34:1-16
Who were the shepherds of the people neglecting? How was the LORD going to make that right? How has the LORD come to find you?
Tuesday, September 28, 2021
Read: Luke 15: 1-2
Who do you see drawing near to Jesus today? When have you felt most excluded from being close to God and have you sensed Jesus drawing you in?
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
Read: Luke 15:3-7
How important is the lost sheep? Who gets to celebrate at the finding of this sheep? Who rejoices over one sinner? Think about that rejoicing over you.
Thursday, September 30, 2021
Read: Luke 15:8-10
What do you think the economic status is of this woman compared to the shepherd in the verses above? How precious is this coin to her? Again, who gets to celebrate and how do the angels celebrate over one sinner?
Friday, October 1, 2021
Read: Luke 15:11-31
It is said that it was shameful for an adult man to run in the culture of Jesus’ time. What does the father in the parable do when he sees his rebellious son? Can you imagine that God runs toward you when you return to Him?
Saturday, October 2, 2021
Read: 1 Corinthians 11:17-32
Tomorrow, Lord willing, we will gather for communion. What do you need to share with Jesus the One who has sought after you? What will you let Him bind up in you today and tomorrow as you take the bread and the cup?