Apr. 26, 2020
Rebuild: Against the Opposition
1. Opposition and Response (vs. 1-6)
A. The Opposition is Real (vs. 1-3)
B. The Reaction is real (vs. 4-6)
2. The Opposition is strengthened! But so is the response vs. (7-14)
A. Anger of the Opposition (vs. 7-8)
1 Corinthians 14:33a
B. Prayer is their first weapon twice! (v. 9)
C. That Feeling you get… (vs. 10, 11)
D. A Call to Return and a Plan (vs. 12, 13)
E. A SPEECH! (v. 14)
3. The Department of Construction and Defense together (vs. 15-23)
A. Not being deterred from the work (v. 15)
B. Half Defense Half construction
Half of it is the reality of the battle with the enemy. Half of the verse is the very
best news you and I have ever heard.
C. Far from Each other (v. 19)
D. Completely Defended by God (v. 20)
Opposition in whatever form cannot distract us from God's mission.
1. What is your greatest battle right now? Is it economic? Is it a sin that you have felt defeated by over and over again? Is it just the grind of life that you have come face to face with? Is it worry?
2. Do you sense that it is time to take up the attitude of Nehemiah 4:14b? ““Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.”
3. Are you willing to stand in that gap even though you may not be trained in battle, but you know that you do not just represent yourself in this engagement?