Mar. 22, 2020
Rebuild: From Fear to Action
1. God has purpose in time - Nehemiah 2:1-5
A. Dates and Times Matter to God - Luke 2:1-2, Galatians 4:4
B. What does he want to do where you are today?
C. Party all the time - Psalms 2:1-3, Acts 4:27-30
Even in their hurt they knew what they had to do.
D. Nehemiah's deep pain - Nehemiah 2:2-5
Psalms 34:18, Psalms 114:7-8
2. Nehemiah moving through his fear and his grief - Nehemiah 2:6-8
A. Fear - God can move us beyond fear - 2 Timothy 1:7, 1 John 4:16-18, Mark 13:9-11, James 1:5-8
B. Nehemiah's mission and purpose
C. Wisdom and experience on display
3. Facing down the next obstacles to the mission - Nehemiah 2:9-10
A. Even after the encounter with king Artaxerxes you come riding in here like you own the place.
B. Evil is not a new reality - Nehemiah 2:10
Reflection and Action:
1. What fear do you need to hand over to the Lord today?
2. What wisdom and experience is God using for this time and what
can He use that you have not put to use yet?
3. Call someone and pray with them. Start a new pattern that can be a part of your service to God and others.