Dec. 13, 2020
Tidings of Discomfort and Joy
1. A Man Sent from God (v.6)
2. The Nature of John’s ministry (v.7)
A. The Necessity of John
B. The Appearance of John’s Ministry
C. Greater Discomfort, Greater Joy
3. “He was not the Light” (v.8)
A. The Celebrity Trap
B. John the Baptist was not Jesus
C. John the Baptist still challenges us to be ready
1. Are you ready for Jesus? What is out of place with Jesus in your life right now? Is it bitterness, envy, fear of the world, lust, or love for someone or something else other than Jesus? Or maybe it is something else?
2. What celebrity or celebrities have been allowed to displace Jesus in your life? Have you displaced Jesus? How can John’s quote “He must increase, but I must decrease” (John 3:30) become more of a reality in your life?